[WSMDiscuss] Gauri Lankesh- A Feisty and Independent Voice in Indian Journalism Shot Dead in Bengaluru

Umakant uk4in at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 5 20:12:15 CEST 2017

Dear FriendsGreetings! It is again a sad news that I am sharing with you all. Around8 pm this evening a noted journalist, Gauri Lankesh, was shot dead as she wasentering her house in Bengaluru. A noted journalist and a known critique ofHindu right wing politics, she paid the price with her death and joined theranks of Kalburgi, Dabholkar and many others who have laid down their lifewhile fighting to uphold rationality and also sanity in this age of bigotry. It is again a reminder to all who believe in fairness, liberty, equalityand fraternity and above all in justice and accountability, it is time to standup and be counted.  Gauri Lankesh, Noted Journalist and Dissenter, ShotDead in Bengaluru The Wire, September05, 2017  A feisty, independent voice in Indian journalism has been stilled https://thewire.in/174396/gauri-lankesh-noted-journalist-dissenter-shot-dead-bangalore/ ------------------------------------ Journalist Gauri Lankesh, known critic of Hinduright-wing extremism, shot dead in BengaluruThe Hindustantimes,September 5, 2017 Gauri Lankesh was known to be a critic ofSangh organisations. Sources said three suspects entered her residence and shother . http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/journalist-gauri-lankesh-shot-dead-in-bengaluru/story-jMu0FJ3bGTW5P4FZrThPpJ.html ------------------------- With Regards and In Solidarity Umakant, Ph. D Independent ScholarNew Delhi

 My final words of advice to you are educate, agitate and organize; have faith in yourself. With justice on our side I do not see how we can lose our battle. The battle to me is a matter of joy. The battle is in the fullest sense spiritual. There is nothing material or social in it. For ours is a battle not for wealth or for power. It is battle for freedom. It is the battle of reclamation of human personality.
B.R.Ambedkar