[WSMDiscuss] Stories of struggle in the virus: new batch of Interface short pieces
Laurence.Cox at mu.ie
Fri Apr 24 17:09:11 CEST 2020
Interface journal is publishing short pieces about social movements' struggles around the COVID-19 crisis, so we can learn from what each other is doing, find inspiration and hope, and think about the longer term.
We've just uploaded a new batch of pieces at https://www.interfacejournal.net/:
* Lynn Ng Yu Ling, What does the COVID-19 pandemic mean for PinkDot Singapore?
* Sobhi Mohanty, From communal violence to lockdown hunger: emergency responses by civil society networks in Delhi, India
* Peterson Derolus, Coronavirus, mouvements sociaux populaires anti-exploitation minier en Haïti
* Jeremy Brecher, In coronavirus fight, workers are forging an emergency Green New Deal
* Federico Venturini, Social movements' powerlessness at the time of covid-19: a personal account
* Michael Zeller, Karlsruhe's "giving fences": mobilisation for the needy in times of COVID-19
* Yariv Mohar, Human rights amid covid-19: from struggle to orchestration of trade-offs
Last week's pieces:
* Ashish Kothari, Corona can't save the planet, but we can, if we learn from ordinary people
* Jeremy Brecher, Strike for your life!
* Ben Duke, Gig economy workers' movements
* URGENCI, Community Supported Agriculture is a safe and resilient alternative to industrial agriculture in the time of Covid-19
* Laurence Cox, Forms of social movements in the crisis: a view from Ireland
* Lesley Wood, We're not all in this together
More to come - and we're still looking for stories! Full details at https://www.interfacejournal.net/.
Please share on your networks.
The Irish Buddhist: the Forgotten Monk who Faced Down the British Empire<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-irish-buddhist-9780190073084?cc=us&lang=en&> with Alicia Turner and Brian Bocking, just out in ebook and hardcopy (30% off with code AAFLYG6)
Social movements in and beyond the COVID-19 crisis: Interface<https://interfacejournal.net/> journal special, always free
Social Movements/Activist Research<https://ceesa-ma.blogspot.com/2019/10/announcing-new-social-movementsactivist.html> book series for Pluto - proposals welcome
Associate professor of sociology, National University of Ireland Maynooth
Chercheur associé, Fondation maison des sciences de l'homme, Paris
Research consultant, The Field Centre, Gloucestershire
Learning from each other's struggles<http://laurencecox.wordpress.com/> personal website
...cercare e saper riconoscere chi e cosa, in mezzo all'inferno, non e' inferno, e farlo durare, e dargli spazio.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WSM-Discuss