[WSMDiscuss] Fwd: 3-part series on the Great Reset etc (Sajai Jose)

Jai Sen jai.sen at cacim.net
Tue Apr 27 17:30:41 CEST 2021

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

India in movement…, The world in movement…, Neoliberalism in movement…

[Three essays that I think will be of interest to many on this list :

Series Note: We are in the middle of an unprecedented crisis as the COVID-19 pandemic, and the lockdowns implemented in response, continue to deliver a series of economic, social and psychological shocks to the world. In this time of chaos, some of the world’s most powerful interest groups have stepped forward claiming that this crisis presents an opportunity to ‘reset’ the world’s systems.

Leading the charge is Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF) with its ‘Great Reset’ initiative, an ambitious plan to shape the contours of the post-COVID world. This three-part series critically examines the origin, workings and implications of the Great Reset agenda, which its critics have denounced as the corporate capture of global governance and the global commons.

The first part focuses on the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution,’ which forms the centerpiece of the Great Reset, and its implications for the world and for India, particularly its impact on employment.

3-part series on the Great Reset :

When the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ Comes Knocking
The Great Reset : Davos Playbook for Post-COVID World
Farm Laws, Atmanirbhar Bharat, and the ‘Great India Reset’
Sajai Jose

            JS

fwd

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Sajai Jose <sajaijose.poi at gmail.com>
> Subject: [REDlistserve] 3-part series on the Great Reset etc.
> Date: April 27, 2021 at 10:51:40 AM EDT
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Hi

News Click has just published my three-part series on the 'Fourth Industrial Revolution', the World Economic Forum's 'Great Reset' plan (being pushed aggressively under cover of the Covid crisis) and their influence on Indian policy.

Look forward to your comments

Sajai

When the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ Comes Knocking
Why is the Indian government promoting job-destroying ‘smart’ automation when the country is reeling from the worst unemployment crisis in recent history?

https://www.newsclick.in/when-fourth-industrial-revolution-comes-knocking
 <https://www.newsclick.in/when-fourth-industrial-revolution-comes-knocking>

The Great Reset: Davos Playbook for Post-COVID World
For decades, the World Economic Forum has been trying to influence global policy in favour of the world’s financial super-elite. Thanks to the global crisis unleashed by the pandemic and lockdowns, it may finally have found a way to do it.

https://www.newsclick.in/the-great-reset-davos-playbook-post-COVID-world
 <https://www.newsclick.in/the-great-reset-davos-playbook-post-COVID-world>

Farm Laws, Atmanirbhar Bharat, and the ‘Great India Reset’
The Modi government and India’s business elite are keen to embrace the World Economic Forum’s ambitious plans to shape the post-COVID world. However, the farmers’ protests may enforce a pause.

https://www.newsclick.in/farm-laws-atmanirbhar-bharat-great-indian-reset
 <https://www.newsclick.in/farm-laws-atmanirbhar-bharat-great-indian-reset>

 <https://www.newsclick.in/farm-laws-atmanirbhar-bharat-great-indian-reset>

 <https://www.newsclick.in/farm-laws-atmanirbhar-bharat-great-indian-reset>--

 <http://www.ecologise.in/>
 <https://twitter.com/EcologiseIndia>  <https://www.facebook.com/ecologise.in>

Jai Sen

Independent researcher, editor; Senior Fellow at the School of International Development and Globalisation Studies at the University of Ottawa

jai.sen at cacim.net <mailto:jai.sen at cacim.net> &  <mailto:jsen at uottawa.ca>jsen at uottawa.ca <mailto:jsen at uottawa.ca>
Now based in Ottawa, Canada, on unsurrendered Anishinaabe territory (+1-613-282 2900) and in New Delhi, India (+91-98189 11325)

Check out something new – including for copies of the first two books below, at a discount, and much more : The Movements of Movements <https://movementsofmovements.net/>
Jai Sen, ed, 2017 – The Movements of Movements, Part 1 : What Makes Us Move ?.  New Delhi : OpenWord and Oakland, CA : PM Press.  Ebook and hard copy available at PM Press <http://www.pmpress.org/>; hard copy only also at The Movements of Movements <https://movementsofmovements.net/>
Jai Sen, ed, 2018a – The Movements of Movements, Part 2 : Rethinking Our Dance.  Ebook and hard copy available at PM Press <http://www.pmpress.org/>; hard copy only also at The Movements of Movements <https://movementsofmovements.net/>
Jai Sen, ed, 2018b – The Movements of Movements, Part 1 : What Makes Us Move ?  (Indian edition). New Delhi : AuthorsUpfront, in collaboration with OpenWord and PM Press.  Hard copy available at MOM1AmazonIN <https://www.amazon.in/dp/9387280101/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1522884070&sr=8-2&keywords=movements+of+movements+jai+sen>, MOM1Flipkart <https://www.flipkart.com/the-movements-of-movements/p/itmf3zg7h79ecpgj?pid=9789387280106&lid=LSTBOK9789387280106NBA1CH&marketplace=FLIPKART&srno=s_1_1&otracker=search&fm=SEARCH&iid=ff35b702-e6a8-4423-b014-16c84f6f0092.9789387280106.SEARCH&ppt=Search%20Page>, and MOM1AUpFront <http://www.authorsupfront.com/movements.htm>
SUBSCRIBE TO World Social Movement Discuss, an open, unmoderated, and self-organising forum on social and political movement at any level (local, national, regional, and global).  To subscribe, simply send an empty email to wsm-discuss-subscribe at lists.openspaceforum.net <mailto:wsm-discuss-subscribe at lists.openspaceforum.net>