[WSMDiscuss] Fwd: [ICCA Consortium FORUM] Fwd: Arctic Seas Portal Live
ashishkothari at riseup.net
Sat Feb 27 13:18:58 CET 2021
This may be of interest. For more, pl. write to Tero, below.
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [ICCA Consortium FORUM] Fwd: Arctic Seas Portal Live
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 17:48:42 +0200
From: Tero Mustonen <tero.mustonen at snowchange.org>
To: icca_consortium at googlegroups.com
Today Snowchange with partners releases ”Arctic Seas”, a major
international atlas and a portal that summarizes Indigenous and
ecological information from the changing oceans of the North.
The Planet Has Only One Ocean But Many Seas.
You can access the portal at www.arcticseas.org
Our work is connected with the United Nations Decade of Ocean Research
2020-2030 and also our partners, the Future Seas 2030 Initiative
The portal, which will be expanding rapidly, contains
• Photography by award-winning artists like Mika Honkalinna as wellas
• Summaries and unique, authentic voices of Arctic Indigenous
communities and their knowledge
• Summaries of sea ice changes for each Arctic Sea area 1850-2020 based
• External links to major regional Indigenous atlases, including the
Inuit Trails, Sea Ice, Place Name and Community-Based Monitoring Atlases
• Films, reports and data on each sea area in local languages and
English (main language is English)
• Hand-drawn maps of ecosystem changes from 20,000 years ago to present
and on special Arctic islands, like Wrangel
• Scalable, 3D and zoomable maps on each sea area (use control key)
• Links to major marine science research that reviews and discusseshow
the northern seas are changing
The Arctic Seas portal was a year in the making, with primary authors
Kaisu Mustonen, Brie Van Dam, Tero Mustonen, several Indigenous
knowledge holders across the region, and a software team at Nolventure.
The portal was funded by anonymous major funder, to whom Snowchange is
Portal is not exhaustive, rather it will be updated and revised actively.
You can see more at
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ICCA Consortium Membership Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ICCA_Consortium+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ICCA_Consortium/d474108b4bba0ca3fa2f75e736e9af68%40mailserver6.nebula.fi.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WSM-Discuss