[WSMDiscuss] [REDlistserve] Why do those once colonised, themselves become colonisers?

Vasudha Varadarajan vasudha130395 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:50:21 CEST 2022

Dear Ashish,

It was a great read! I think with each article you share I understand more
in depth the idea of alternatives. How these ameliorative systems of change
are already emergent within these paradoxical neo-colonialist so called
'democracies.' I learnt of the Brown Sahib phenomenon for the first time,
and safe to say I have locked it into my vocabulary. The hardest hitting
quote was 'So why do those who have been colonized, who should know better
than to subject others to similar forms of forcible occupation and
subjugation, in turn, colonise their own ‘subjects’?'

Thank you for sharing this article, looking forward to the next one :)

In Solidarity,
VV